FE6-FG 6 lb Forcible Entry Flathead Fire Axe with 36 in Fiberglass Handle
Herramienta de consejo FE6-FG Hacha de fuego de cabeza plana de 6 libras de entrada forzada con mango de fibra de vidrio de 36 pulgadas
6.0# Forcible Entry Flathead fireman’s style single bit axe with a 34.5″ Fiberglass handle. Design elements improve performance and usability while helping to reduce fatigue and injury. Used in all manner of municipal fire fighting applications, chopping, battering, door stop, ect. Cutting edge is approximately 5″ in overall length and the poll is square. This axe will easily pull its weight on the fire-ground and will be an invaluable tool for trainers and student firefighters.
- Forged 4140 steel head to match Council Halligan. Made in USA.
- Forged in slot to marry most popular Halligan tools to create “The Irons”.
- Tapered wedge shaped blade allows it to be used a starter wedge and helps capture progress while forcing a door.
- Extended poll helps to counter balance the head so that the center of gravity is within the eye/handle. Balanced to lay flat in an open hand so no blade drop or flutter when swinging sideways.
- Top of head is flat to stand on its own.
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond.
- 34 1/2″ yellow clad style fiberglass handle. Construction is a pultruded structural fiberglass core with an injection molded jacket acting as an exterior body. The jacket is tough, durable engineered polymer. Extremely strong, non-conductive and non-corrosive.Council-Fire-FE6-FLYER